Friday, September 08, 2006

Confusion

I saw Rosanna today. It was the first time in several months (possibly more than a year) since I've seen her. She looks the same. Possibly somewhat prettier. I really don't know how to describe our "friendship." For example, today she said hi to my cousin Feebster and their mutual friend Chris. I, on the other hand, received no such greeting. Smalltalk ensued among the three and thus concluded with her saying by specifically to Chris and Feebster (and omitting me).

How do you describe that? I wanted to talk with her...see how she was doing. I sincerely wanted to connect with her. Yet I chose to refrain. She seemed so uninterested.

It hurt.

Nevertheless, I'll assume otherwise. I'll naively believe that perhaps she failed to see that I was a mere 1.5 feet away from her. Either this is the case or she truly doesn't want to be friends with me. If the latter proves true, then I guess that "it is what it is."
How ugly.

Even though she'll probably never read this, I'm going to write as if she were listening. Rosanna...I want you to know a few things.

I still care about you. I want to kinow what's going on in your life. I want to know how you and Seth are doing. I'm sorry if it still hurts. I'll still pick up if you call. I'm willing to just listen to you if that's what you need from me. Just because we're separated doesn't mean we can't be great friends.

Can it?

No comments: