Tuesday, July 27, 2010

growing...pains

One of the great things about being a believer is that God will ALWAYS answer your prayer to stay humble.

This is a virtual daily prayer of mine. Specifically, I ask Him to reveal the impure parts of my heart so that I may further develop my character. And sometimes it sucks when that prayer gets answered.

Lately I've been on a very high wavelength in life. Things are really going great. But tonight I was kind of reminded of some other areas of my life that still have a long way to go.

One area I find a lot of frustration in is the whole "love life" thing. I don't really want to settle for just anyone...but when I do find someone that's genuinely awesome, I start getting kind of awkward.

There's a girl at my church that I've always thought was very attractive but never really had any desire to pursue anything. I tried making some conversation tonight.

fail.

Although I don't think I'm hopeless, I realize that maybe I should just focus on developing me really. And the girl who really will be worth it for me won't magically just drop in my lap...but maybe, just possibly, she'll be working on her character too.

And our relationship will be infinitely better because of it.

No comments: