Thursday, November 04, 2010

oh em gee

I had a really crazy dream last night.

Generally I don't read too much into dreams or anything because it can just be so sketch. However yesterday is probably one of the most vivid exceptions I can ever recall. In essence, I dreamed that God was communicating to me. This should be alarming given that I'm very much part of the "God doesn't literally talk to people" bandwagon. I believe God reveals himself through a variety of ways. He reveals His character through reading the bible. He sets examples through other people. And sometimes circumstances will get thrown your way because a lesson needs to be taught. But I find it hard to believe that God literally calls out in a voice "hey Fred I want you to do [x]."

Then yesterday night happened.

I don't remember a whole lot of the dream but I do remember that I had some control over what I was doing. I remember that there was a big prophesy and that God was going to come back at a specific time (this isn't biblical by the way since we won't know when Jesus will come back). Anyway, I'm inside of a huge room where a whole bunch of people are gathered.

Anyone and everyone was there. Skeptics, celebrities, homeless, you name it they were there. The mathmeticians started writing on the wall and stuff different formulas (only to have other people erase their work away).

Finally the moment draws near.

Everyone was counting down with one minute remaining. Then it got down to the 10 second mark.

10..
9..
8..
7..


The clock hit the zero mark.

Nothing happened.
About 30 seconds passed and all the skeptics started gloating about everything.


Then suddenly it happened.



Everyone in the room was floating involuntarily. The room was shaking and there was vibrations felt within the bones of every living creature in the room. Everyone was literally speechless when all of a sudden all these math formulas were easily seen on the wall.

Then all you saw, in bright burning fire red-yellow, was the word "INFINITE."

I stayed glued to that word for maybe 5 seconds. Then everyone dropped back down and things seemingly got back to normal. I woke up and couldn't stop thinking about how appropriate that word is for God.


And I haven't stopped thinking ever since about why God would allow me to have such a crazy dream.

No comments: