Friday, October 27, 2006

Fred dissected pt 1

I just finished reading a fantastic book. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. It has come to make me examine my beliefs to a deeper degree. Nothing has been more of a thrill.

First, I suppose I would fall under the designation pig. I have been given the infamous Y chromosome and accordingly act like a slob. It's the most enjoyable unenjoyable thing ever.

Ok ok. Maybe that isn't a belief. It's just a fact. I guess I'll start with the biggest thing that I believe.

Jesus.

The name in and of itself evokes emotion. For some it concocts wild memories of mistreatment. Others the name highlights the laughable hypocrites that have cast themselves as superior time and time again. For other still, the Name represents the most beautiful person that they've ever met.

For me, I believe in Jesus simply as a person. It seems pretty dumb at first. I've never met Jesus. I still don't know for sure if He's real. Yet I still voluntarily choose to place faith in this person because of the fact that he's given me reason to believe in him. It's weird.

To be continued.

No comments: