Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thankful

I'm so spoiled. Often times I wonder why I've been given so much. Why do I have a healthy body? Why have I been sustained throughout the night? Why have I been given a sprinkling of intelligence?

Moreover, why have I been given a nice room to live in? Why am I able to afford a flat panel television? Why am I able to witness the stunning luxury of high definition? Why is it that I've been given the oppotunity to write this blogpost on an apple laptop? Why do I get the luxury of having two guitars hang on my wall? Why is it that my outfit costs more than the income of some entire families?


I say this not to boast in what I have. Rather, I mention these things because I truly believe that I've been given so much. The real question is what will I do with these things. What will I do with Jesus.



I was on Marta today. In case you are unaware, Marta is Atlanta's public transportation system. It isn't the most well oiled machine...but it works. On my ride home today, I was able to witness the most crowded train car I've ever experienced in my life. The trains were crowded as a result of Marta's ineffeciencies shining through...but the marvelous thing was that I was able to observe everyone on the train.

People from just about every area of life. Young rich kids who are spoiled out of their minds. Immigrants speaking their own language just trying to make a dollar. Rude males who don't have the will to give their seat up for the lady. It was amazing.

Suddenly the thought struck me.




All of these people need to know about Jesus.






to be continued.

No comments: