Thursday, July 05, 2007

Life Interrupted

So I've decided to stop being cryptic and start writing about regular stuff for once.

Glorie, a wonderful woman whom I've mentioned several times in this small blog of mine, has recently been involved in an accident. Upon hearing this news, it felt like my life shattered. She had been such an impactful person in my life and I truly can't think of a person I care about more in thie life.

Yet, I've been prepared all this time. When Glow and I broke up, I feel like, in one way or another, God was able to show me that even if He took Glorie away from me, that I would still have Christ. Frankly, it was only at this time that I began to experience how complete and satisfying it is to realize that I was loved. Truly loved.

Enter last week. See it's normal nowadays to hear about accidents or to pass one by on the street. However it's disturbingly different when someone you care about so deeply be involved in one personally. My life was on an upswing. I was somewhat enjoying school, completely enjoying the future possibilities of possibly having leadership roles at my church, and things between Glow and I were getting pure again (mainly cause she was also growing so tremendously in the Lord). Then this interruption happened.

Captivated by the brevity of life, I realized that it was time. Either I put to practice all the idealistic virtues I had been reading about all this time, or sulk for the next few weeks expecting people to have pity on me. Gladly, I chose the former; it has made all the difference.

1 comment:

Silvina said...

L.
O.
L.

at least you're comfortable with your pretty ugliness HAHA

we both know you're too awesome to bear!