Wednesday, March 31, 2010

because it affects other people

What's really wonderful about the various relationships that form in life is the web that it creates.

This person knows that person. That person knows another person. Eventually everyone is connected. There are companies that make a huge profit on this principle. There are people that get jobs because of this principle. There are marriages that occur because of this principle. Et cetera.

However, when relationships go awry, things get different. The nice happy circle transforms into arrays of awkwardness that no one really likes experiencing. It's tragic really.

I'm currently in the middle of one of these. And it sucks. There's a lot of he said/she said but in the end what does it matter? People take sides. Conclusions are made based on misinformation. And in the end relationships get destroyed.

So, I say all of this simply to say that I wish it were easier to be "independent." That is, I wish I didn't care so much about looking foolish if that's what it took to say "you're important to me. Even though things are kinda different, I hope you know I'm not." Something along those lines.

But stuff doesn't always go the way I hope. But I guess I'm learning to take it in doses.

No comments: