Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Focus[ing]

One great benefit of going through a lot of the "downs" I did for the end part of last year are the observations that I've been able to make. One of these is the concept of perspective.

For awhile, I had much contempt toward my situation at starbucks. Rather, it was a perpetual grudge.

But something changed.

Eventually I realized that my hope was placed in the wrong thing. For even if I acquired the "perfect job" what will I have gained? That realization was paramount. What it ended up doing was breaking down for me that one of the keys to life is not the circumstance you are under, but the approach and resolve with which one acts with life. That is, to have your focus placed on something (or Someone) that will not change regardless of circumstance.

For me, it began a really deep growth phase in my personal faith. And, fast forwarding, it helped me to become a greater person of character as a result.

Someday, I think I'll be sharing this concept with a lot of people. Maybe.

No comments: