Wednesday, August 30, 2006

And so I prayed.

Dear Lord,

It's been awhile. Recently I've been buying into the lie that my voice is much too small for your sensitive ears to hear. Please forgive me. Often times I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm talking about.

A lot of times I try to carry my problems all by myself. What a heavy burden they've grown to be. I'm so weird. Why would the ant even try to lift the rock by himself? Surely huge tasks are best left to huge people. And so Lord...I finally choose to give you what's yours.

I always feel like I'm letting You down. Why am I feeling these things?
I'm confused with the way people keep giving me mixed signals. Why doesn't it make sense?
Why is it that the people who are supposed to be Christians in my life often fail to be...well...Christians?
Then there's the others..
What can I do to help other people? Why aren't I doing it?
What can I do to be a better leader? Why am I no acting on it?
Why is it that I always have to look at other girls? Why does my mind always wander?
Why can't I keep any close friends? Am I that bizarre?


Lord, You know all things. Certainly these small issues of mine have not escaped Your attention. Sometimes I just get frustrated when You don't respond. I need to know You're working. Perhaps I'm not focusing on Your voice enough.

Help me to pursue You the same way You pursue me.





Amen.

No comments: