Friday, October 12, 2007

The Avalanche (Part III)

The letter that Tita Maricor sent was the first step in this downward spiral. As I've been told, the letter was supposed to be a response to my email to them in the first place. Yet the thing is, there are several things that just don't make any sense when you take all things into consideration. Talking with Tita Maricor over the phone at length about this didn't clear up anything either. Just more vague answers.

Before I left Florida, I talked alone with Tita Maricor. She specifically said that, as it stands between Glorie, me, and Ryan, nothing was decided. The situation was neutral. "Glorie doesn't choose you and Glorie doesn't choose Ryan. We want to keep it that way."

Yet in the month following Glorie's accident, Ryan was able to gain increased time with Glorie's family. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that...after all he does care for Glorie and her family too. However, I started to question the true motive behind the actions. When you break it all down, Ryan's link to Glorie is romantic (just as my link with Glorie is romantic). Therefore, it is understandable why one would believe that Ryan may or may not have 100% pure intentions in the situation. It's plausible that a very small part of the reasons why Ryan was so flagrantly present in the recovery process was due to the fact that he wanted to be "that guy" who was there for her since day 1. Again, the link would be romantic.

Seeing this as potential danger, I tried desperately to contact Tita Maricor about it. I couldn't get a hold of them...so I wrote them an email. I simply put how potentially dangerous the situation would be if he (or I for that matter) were to leverage the situation for the benefit of romance. After all, when you strip it all away, Glorie will only have her God and her family to depend on when it's all said and done. Glorie lived for 20 years without Ryan and for 16 years without me. Both Ryan and I, due to the fact that we're linked romantically to Glorie, should automatically be placed at the bottom of the priority chain. It is my strong belief that a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, in the context of a fragile situation such as Glorie's, should be the last thing that is preserved.


Yet the exact opposite happened.


As it turned out, Glorie's family never allowed her the freedom of progressing naturally on her own. The situation was predicated so that, should Glorie regain consciousness again, Ryan would be one of the first faces that she sees.

This of course would be contrary to Tita Maricor's statement to me about everything staying neutral. Even in that letter she sent to me, she maintained the fact that they tried to keep it neutral but I can hardly believe that to be the case when you force Ryan down her throat. I asked her about it on when we finally talked on the phone.

"You say you wanted Glorie to naturally remember me. You wanted Glorie to naturally have memories of me and not be forced into them...so why not do the same for Ryan?"

"Because at that time we knew that Ryan is of the Lord."

"How did you know?"

"We just knew."


We just knew. What exactly do you say to that? What does that mean? I asked further for reasons why it's necessary to uphold Ryan as the prince to princess Glorie all this time. I received the following generic responses:

- "He provides support for her that Glorie can't get from us."

This is a true statement that I would heartily agree with. The problem is that it's a statement that's true for everyone. Glorie receives support from Myriam that she can't receive from her family. Glorie receives support from Tita Belle that she can't receive from her family. Glorie receives support from Pastor Cloer that she can't receive from her family. It's the truth.

- "His availability."

This is perhaps the weakest reason given to me. I asked Tita Maricor straight up about this very issue. Of all the people who would no doubt be willing to offer their services to help Glorie's family during their time of need, why would she voluntarily choose to take Ryan up on his offer over everyone else?

The response?
"With Ryan I don't have to worry."

"What does that mean?"

"You're right when you say that anyone else would be willing to drive me back and forth and everything. But with everyone else, I would have to worry about their family and if they have to go to work the next day and their car and everything. With Ryan I don't have to worry about any of those things."

"That doesn't make any sense. You're basically telling me that Ryan is Glorie's boyfriend just cause he has a job that allows him to take off whenever he wants."

"No, it's just one of the ways he's able to play his unique role."

"So what if Omar were available like Ryan was...would you take his offer to drive you around? What if Kara were available like Ryan was...would you take her offe-"

"I don't like those what ifs that you're telling. Those questions just make it very confusing and are only from the enemy."


Don't really know what to say after that. She went from completely non-defensive toward me to absolutely defensive within a matter of 1 sentence. I suppose she does have a point though. Yet that doesn't make my questions any less valid. They are legitimate questions and are relevant to my situation. They're still left unanswered.


There wasn't really any further reasoning given. Just those two things.


Last, and perhaps most ridiculous, is this ensuing drama about this blog of mine. When Kat Kat and Raychill when down to see Glorie, they got to meet Ryan. That's not significant in and of itself, but one thing I do want to point out is that it was told to me how Ryan gladly boasted upon the fact that, and I quote: "there's nothing but the Holy Spirit inside of me."

oh?

Galatians 5. Anyone who has the fruits of the spirit has love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.


Apparently this journal of mine when you do a bit of searching. I'm not exactly sure what to think about that. I've done searching for my blog (using the speicific matters with which my journal was apparently found) and have had nothing but mixed results.

Anyway, apparently it really pissed Ryan off to know that I wrote about him and Glorie. I'm still unsure as to what the big problem is. I asked Tita Maricor to prove to me where I was lying or making anything up in any of my writing. She said that I never lied about anything--it's just that I'm stepping over the lines when I talk about other people.

What lines do I cross? I write down my thoughts. When I think about people, I think about them on a name-by-name basis. Further, I try my hardest not to distort the truth such that I exaggerrate anything. Further, I don't advertise this small speck of internet to a single person. Someone must voluntarily choose to read my writing for them to be affected by any means.

In any case, apparently Ryan took great issue with what I said. He got so mad, in fact, that he called the police on me. This is significant in that it contradicts directly with his proud comment of being 100% Holy Spirit filled. If Ryan has a problem against me, is he not supposed to confront me directly about it? Then, if I still don't listen, is he not supposed to confront me with only two or three people (to further validate his qualm against me)? If the problem persists, is he not supposed to appeal to the church as a last resort? Surely someone who is, again.."there's nothing but the Holy Spirit inside of me", would know that Jesus gives these very instructions in Matthew 18.

Sarcasm aside, what is accomplished by consulting the police in this matter? Why must Ryan hide behind Tita Maricor about it? I've been completely accessible this entire time and can say with certainty that I would have entertained a call/email/letter if he had that great of an issue with my writing. But he didn't. He chose to further intensify the situation by involving law enforcement. What more, he even went to the extent of calling an attorney about it.

Oh and Tita Maricor doesn't defend me at all. When we were able to talk on the phone (which was no doubt motivated by the fact that she wanted an answer as to if I was going to take my blog down or not), I asked her for a week to pray about whether or not I should take it down. She agreed but she could not say the same for Ryan. Here are some of her own words...

"Anak, I'm willing to give you a week to pray but I don't know if Ryan is. He tells me that he talks almost everyday with an attorney regarding it. So please...if you get a feeling...just take it down."

Could you not have any more of a red flag? Is Ryan unable to yield even for the respect of prayer? What does one make of that?

No comments: