Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday Afternoon Thoughts

Nothing particular profound to say today. Just an experience I thought I'd share that relates to the quote from the previous post.

I heard that quote before I went down to Orlando to go work at Disney. I never really thought about it until I started working there. Disneyworld seems to be a popular location. I mean, thousands of people go to the parks every single day. It was kind of weird.

Enter the weekend right before easter. I had never been worked so mercilessly in my life. Day after day of 13 hour shifts just became straight up grueling. Then, that easter sunday, I remembered that quote. I was walking through the many backstage areas of Magic Kingdom when I thought I'd explore that thought and let it sink in.

I opened the doors to the main area of Tomorrowland and INSTANTLY I saw well over 5,000 people in front of my attraction alone. As I surveyed the rest of T'land, I realized that I was looking at well over 15,000 people just randomly walking around.

Then it hit me. Each and every one of these people are absolutely priceless to Jesus.

Little kids zoomed past me with their ice cream in hand (and appropriate Mickey ears on). Dads happily put their children on their shoulders and basked in the joyous atmosphere that is Disney. Even the guests with disabilities graced me with the bright smiles on their faces.

After my heart stopped taking it all in, I came to the conclusion that people really are beautiful. Not perfect...but strikingly glamorous all in their own regard.

I didn't complain one time that day.

I just wish I lived every day as impacted as I did Easter Sunday 2007.

No comments: