Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Afternoon Thoughts

So I survived finals after all.

I think I did well on most of them, but there's one in particular that I am rather concerned about. Nevermind the fact that the class is hard in general, and discount the fact that the teacher gains notoriety for his ridiculous grading, I'm concerned cause this was the first time I've ever been in danger of not getting a C or above in a class if I didn't do well on a final. I've never been this close to the line before...and I think I very well end up going over the edge. That would be tragic.

This year has been difficult in general. Adjusting to Disney life wasn't so bad, but representing Christ in a Christ-less environment was. School has been a kicker ever since last year (and things have only intensified this year). Then lola makes her successful transition into the next life. To say it has been an emotional rollercoaster would be a modest understatement.

Obviously the situation with Glorie has been something else. It's unnerving. I don't think I'm making progress anymore. For one reason or another I can't seem to find closure with the situation. Reading the bible helps sometimes but often times it doesn't. Praying helps but leaves no great satisfaction that lasts. It's as if everything seems like temporary distraction from a gaping hole inside of me; I can do things to take my mind off of it...but sooner or later the reality sinks in--the hole is still there.

Perhaps the biggest issue with me is that I feel like I'm the only one who has urgency to try to reconcile. I feel like everyone (team Santos and team Godoy) is comfortable with the awkward tension and I'm the only one trying to purge it. It's maddening. One thing keeps going through my head...

Before the accident, Glorie and I were friends (and still good friends at that. Now? The mention of my name will not be tolerated.

What do you with that?

No comments: