Monday, March 31, 2008

The joys of college

I think I just failed my Finance test.

I don't really know what it is either. I studied for this one (and that's a rarity in and of itself). This normally wouldn't be a big deal for me, especially considering the frequency with which I fail tests in general, but this is more significant since it puts into serious jeopardy my graduation. My grade in the class overall is in the high 70s so if were I to fail, my grade wouldn't be able to take the hit. It would set up the laborious situation of me having to knock the final out (which is a certain impossibility at this point).

From a bigger perspective, even if I were to fail, it wouldn't be life threatening. I would still graduate (Summer 08 instead of Spring 08) and I would still get a job (I think?). I would still have Jesus too! I'd just have to endure the scorn of my parents from being ashamed that their kid is a failure. But then again, I failed a class in grade school too. So I guess it'd just be deja vu for them?

Aargh. Maybe the problem isn't me? Maybe it's the fact that professor Brown gives incredibly hard tests? No, that would simply be passing the buck. I guess this is just going to show that I don't love finance half as much as I thought that I did.

I guess I'll just go back to Disney and get more lung cancer. That would be magical!

No comments: