Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Night Thoughts

Nothing really profound to say tonight.

The test on monday was pretty interesting. It really affected me. I thought wildly for the next 72 hours how miserable my life would be if I didn't pass (or at the very least get something in the 60s) the test. Wednesday was absolutely nerve-racking. I lamented having to go to class, but 1:30 finally came. She started passing out tests. I glanced at others in the class who already received their tests back. One guy got a 55. The other a 61. The silence in the room was surreal. Then she laid the test face-down in front of me. This was the moment. This was my pending graduation. I peeked at the top right corner where my grade should be.

70

I fainted for about 3 minutes. Still in disbelief, I looked again. Yup, that 70 was still there. I have never been so thankful in my life. This test is the singular example of mercy from God. I have absolutely no idea how I got it, but I got the 70. Praise Him.

Anyway, this lead me to think about something that's worth sharing. I learned it a while ago but figure I'd put it here in case anyone ever feels like learning something.

Grace = when you get what you don't deserve.
Mercy = when you don't get what you do deserve.

Note the distinction. Note how our lives are filled with both.


Also note how we are to demonstrate both to others.

No comments: