Monday, April 28, 2008

Near the finish line

It will be here soon enough.

The cap will be on. The gown will unite the many who have endured for the past half-decade. The music will play and the family/friends will cheer in celebration. It's taken such a long time but it's almost here.

As I sit here in between paths in life I think back at this journey. How completely different I am right now compared to when I first started. How much I've learned throughout this time (and laughably how much I realize I don't know). It's kind of weird.

Everyone always told me that college would be among the best years in my life. Many mentioned that the friendships I form on the campus would be some of the most precious in my entire life. I don't know if I agree with any of that. Of course it would have helped if I made more friends but that's a different story.

It has been quite the ride though. College is so fresh. There's no other place where one can interact with such a diverse sea of individuals. It's one place that simply contains a bunch of people who have yet to be conformed by culture. Fresh faces who have yet to meet the grind of work.

So, as I sit down writing this, I smile at the wonder of it all. I didn't go to the biggest or the best college in the whole wide world. I didn't even go to a college with "college life." But I have been impacted; and it makes me smile.

No comments: