Saturday, April 12, 2008

Friday Night Thoughts

Wow what a day.

I was efficient and productive at work so that is always a plus. Good thing that only lasted half the day though.

I then proceeded to share lunch with kat kat. We caught up with much in life and enjoyed Olive Garden as we always do. We then proceeded to the Gwinnett Arena to register for Passion.

This was the first step on our night of wonder. However, when greeted by the cool volunteer (who looked eager to collect our socks and towels), she disenchanted us with the news that we were prohibited from bringing cameras inside.

Bummer.

Overall it was a really great night. Chris Tomlin started out in his usual bright manner. Kat Kat says he looks a lot older but I think he looks smashing as always. Then Louie spoke.

The overall sentiment of the night was what Passion was really all about. I don't really care to go into any of it here (that's what the 268 website is for), but something he said really resonated with me. He spent several minutes simply talking about what we are living for. This of course begged me to ask myself the question, "What am I living for?"

As I sat, I smiled widely. I couldn't be any more confident that my life counts more for Jesus now than at any other time in my life. That despite how close I've come to suffocating beneath the complex layers of junk that I've traversed through much of this short life of mine, I can now say, with confidence, that I am truly His.

It's kind of weird when you think about it. After all...who lives for God? Only crazy "Jesus freaks" do that. I want to be cool just like any other person, but I think I've finally settled on the fact that loving God is, well, cool. It doesn't seem that way at first and it still seems crazy even for people who have actually experienced, but there's something that's indescribably satisfying about loving Jesus that emanates pure joy.

Most profound, perhaps, is the fact that Christianity is the only faith that allows for such an intimate relationship. Much of the popular current religions have varying degrees of self. Christianity, on the other hand, places tremendous emphasis on losing one's self. It's like Christianity is the ultimate anti-religion.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired. I suppose I'll write more some other time. I just can't believe I get to experience this three more times tomorrow. HUZZAH!!

No comments: