Thursday, April 24, 2008

Last Thursday of the Month

Seeing how the 1st Quarter of 2008 is about to end, I thought it would be wise to check in on my commitments on the new year. This is what I aspired for:

By the grace of God, I hope to accomplish the following this year:

- Pray more. Specifically, I want to be more focused in praying for other people.


I actually was a hardcore prayer warrior for January and most of February. I just dwindled down to slacker the past two months.

- Love more. That is, my desire is to view people as they truly are (and not how they appear to be).

I'm not sure with this one either. My compassion has definitely grown much, but the main person that this applied to was Ryan. I've tried time and again to establish dialogue with the man but no response. Oh well.

- Give more. Money, time, ears, hugs, counsel, whatever.

Yes.

- Be a remedy. I am determined to get to know one of the homeless people this semester at State.

No. :(

- Cast vision. Hopefully this year I will be able to live up to the leadership roles that God has placed me in.

Yes and No. I have really grown into some of my leadership roles but still have so much potential to shine even brighter.

- Be grateful. This year I am planning on dedicating the last thursday of EVERY month focusing on what I should be grateful for. Whose idea was it to wait until November anyway?

This one I'm most embarrassed about. I lost focus of the life-changing, liberating love of Christ.

- Read my bible more. The fact that this one is listed seventh shows why I need to work hard on this one.

See #1.

- Be a better guitar player. Sasha and Peter have such untapped potential. Music is so hard.

Hahahahaha.

- Start my dream of being an amateur film maker. Video has such raw power for conveying messages. I hope to use it for His glory.

Well I bought the video camera, but Final Cut doesn't play nice with the Panasonic HDC-SD9. I haven't even named the camcorder yet because it's been such a pain to edit video. I really think I will sell it soon. So, to answer the question, I suppose it's to be continued.

- Develop rich friendships. That is, I hope to go deeper with all my current ones, take pleasure in all my new ones, and reconcile all the broken ones (ESPECIALLY them).

Yes! Thank God. Except them of course. Which is what bugs me so much (still). *sigh*



Oh and I wrote something on here on tuesday but apparently it didn't make it on here? Oh well.

No comments: