Monday, January 29, 2007

Speeeeeedway!

So not much has been new with me. I'm getting into a nice little routine. For the first two weeks everything has been kind of random but now everything has settled nicely. I usually close on the speedway. This can be good and bad. It's great because closing is a whole lot easier than opening. Also it's cool because I get to work with a lot of the other College Program people. On the other hand, closing sucks because, well, you're closing. This would entail working until the park closes. If it's a "normal" (but is there really a thing known as normal when you work in the magic kingdom?) day, I'm out of there no later than 8:45 p.m. However Disney frequently decides to have things known as extra magic hours. Magic for the guests--yes. Magic for the cast members? Not at all.

I usually don't get off until 1:00 in the morning or so and it can become tiring. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great experience considering the fact that I've never worked late shifts before, but I'm still adjusting. I'm also beginning to know my fellow speedway-ers a little bit more. I find it funny how everyone is in unanimous agreement that the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is the armpit of the Magic Kingdom. Otherwise we're all still getting used to each other I suppose. The hot girl I may have referenced in a previous post is still hot as ever. Too bad that I strongly believe that we'll never become good friends. Lazy girl that I have also possibly referenced is still lazy. She's just more bossy and lazy than I had imagined. Oh joy.

On a completely different note, I hope I win some groceries wednesday at the bingo thingy. I am so broke that it's not even funny. FYI for anyone...do not get caught speeding in Georgia. GA, from what I believe, intentionally hikes their speeding fines to outrageous levels.

Alas, I am still blessed. I am in reasonably in good health. I don't have to worry about where I'll lay my head at night. I still find Joy in you Jesus. Thank you.

No comments: