Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Grad gifts

Many people have been asking me what I want for my graduation.

I'm not a real big fan of artificial answers so I usually say what I want.

"Honestly? I'd really like to be able to know how Glorie is doing." It's usually about 2 seconds after I say that, when the appropriate synapses have functioned to enable cognition and understanding that I see disgruntled looks on their faces. I suppose they wanted to hear me say, "oh you don't have to get me anything! Just attending is fine!"

But why would I be so fake? It's not that I don't appreciate their celebratory presence (by no means). Rather, I'd rather give what people ask for; and right now all I really want is to hang out with Glow.

Pretty unlikely that it'll happen though...considering how much we were able to talk during my last event and all [none]. Still, it would be nice to know how she's doing and to just sit down and talk. Just like we did right before the accident.

"You found out what about Jesus? No way. Get out."
"REALLY?!? Awwww I'm so happy for you!"

*shared laughter*


None of the fallout from the whole situation. No worry about Glorie getting confused about what to think about her new boyfriend and being unable to concentrate. No concern about what things would be ok to talk about because it would trigger a memory that we don't want coming back.

Just f & g time. Catching up on everything.

That would be priceless.

No comments: