Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Highlights

So much has happened but I have so little to say.

Sometimes, when the really "big" events of life happen, it is just more memorable to be in the moment. Taking 1000 pictures and recording video in high definition is great and all but there's something really satisfying about just breathing in memories. Those intangible, priceless moments of your life that are simply too rich to be captured on media. This past weekend (give or a take a few days) has been just that.

Nonetheless here are some things I found notable:



This is when we were in the tunnel getting ready to go out. I loved the big falcons sign on the side. It reminded me of the times I played for the falcons...and then I woke up.



We were all so excited that our finish line was finally here. I'm so glad my phone is able to capture this picture in all of its noisy glory. But it evoked memory so it did its job.


- I was at church trying to get my worship on when I noticed a stout, white american man moving his body. I observed him closely and it appeared that he was attempting to dance to the music. The problem was that his dance "moves" were completely out of sync with the music coming from the stage.
This did not seem to be significant for this gentleman, however, as he continued his grooving with great jubilee. I smiled very wide at this person. I thought about how happy God was that here was a guy who was trying so so so hard to groove for Jesus. Each misstep couldn't have been any more beautiful to the Father.

- This weekend pretty much confirmed how few and far between my friends really are. But the few that I do have are exceptionally precious to me. I am very grateful for how they so thoroughly enrich my life.

- Ethan is starting to become more articulate. I can't wait to witness what kind of fabulous insight he has on this world of ours.

- Not having to do homework is one of the best rewards of finishing school.

- Greater things have yet to come. Greater things are still to be done in Atlanta.

No comments: