Thursday, June 12, 2008

[Title]

Life can be so weird.

Today was so tragically uneventful. Work was so blase. I guess we were just slow?

The one cool thing about today was how hard it rained. It was the type of storm that brewed tornadoes. I remember looking outside and seeing the trees at the mercy of the wind. I got reminded of just how furious the weather can be (and subsequently just how powerful God can demonstrate Himself to be). Then I realized that they hymn "How great thou art" was written from witnessing a storm just like the one I was watching. Weird no?

The only other noteworthy item about today was when I went to blockbuster. I was patiently trying to have my movies and whatnot checked out when this random lady walked in. She had a brazil t-shirt on. Looking at her face, I made the conclusion (along with information gathered from her shirt) that this woman very well may be brazilian. She talked about how there was a random dog outside that she didn't want to get lost or anything. So she called animal control and had been patiently waiting for them to arrive for more than one hour now. But they still hadn't showed up (so she was asking the blockbuster lady checking me out if she would watch the dog).

There's nothing really important here. Just a caring person. But what I was reminded of was hearing Louie talk about the Brazilian people on the Passion podcast. I saw this lady, who to me represented Brazil, and saw nothing but compassion on her face. Then I imagined myself being a stadium in Sao Paolo for Passion Brazil. That must have been cool. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. However I do feel better having written it out for some reason.

To end the night I called Glorie. She didn't pick up. Figures.
Along those lines though, I keep asking God why I think about Glorie so much. I've kind of "bargained" with Him about my thoughts. If only I could think about Christ as much as I thought about Glorie, I'd be so satisfied.

But then I realized, satisfaction is the choice given to us. The empirical question that this whisper of life perpetually asks us is, "what will satisfy you today?" God invites us to enjoy satisfaction in Him.

So why is it that so often I decline the offer?

1 comment:

allie. said...

We seem to be a bunch of living oxymorons, with dichotomy flowing through our veins. :-)
Oh for a united heart!

Looking back, boring today can look like peaceful tomorrow.