Tuesday, April 10, 2007

some time off

So I called in today. First time this whole program (meaning ~ 4 months). A couple of my roomates and I went to wonderworks. It's a weird little place where you just walk around and do stuff. Think Ripley's believe it or not...it's their competitor. It was kind of cool. It was rather overpriced though. $20? I think not.

Yesterday I was regularly scheduled off. So what did I decide to do?...hang out with Glorie. That was interesting to say the least. One thing I truly don't understand is that we're not attached to each other anymore yet we still manage to get into some of the most amazing fights. I don't get it at all. To make matters even worse the things we fought about yesterday were so stupid. I mean who fights about marinading chicken anyway?
Not all was lost though. We did manage to salvage the rest of the night. We saw Meet the Robinsons (which is one of the most fantastic films I've seen in quite some time by the way) and had a normal dinner. It was really great. I did make one mistake. I ended up putting my arm around Glorie during the movie. That probably put thoughts in her head that were unintended. It just kind of felt right you know? I can't really explain it. Yet as soon as we sat down it's like I felt that I was in a way supposed to put my arm around her. I don't know how to explain it. Dinner was fantastic though. We just felt like friends.

Other than that I've been working like crazy. It's nuts. I don't want to complain. But I am being quite serious when I say that I do feel like a peasant here in this conglomerate known as Walt Disney Company. I wish I would make a difference somehow. What I would give to stand out.

Lastly, as much as it bothers me to say it, I truly miss Alicia. We haven't talked in so long. I wonder if she's well. I've been so good lately...being more Disney you know? I just finished watching Mary Poppins this morning! I hope she'll be happy for me. I just hope we can hang out one last time. That would make me so happy.

No comments: