Thursday, June 14, 2007

It would only happen to me

So I owe Georgia State University $1200+ dollars for tuition.

HOPE was supposed to pay for it but the financial aid office "hasn't reviewed" my form. They advise me to pay it myself now and just let HOPE reimburse me once they do review my form. "Ok" I think. That's doable.

So I go online to try and pay my tuition. Upon logging into the much lauded GOSOLAR system, I click on the "pay tuition and fees" link. I am redirected to the credit card page. In big bold letters it prominantly states "you will be charged 2.75% for a credit card fee" or some jazz like that.

My response?

"OH MY STARZ!!@ 2.75% of $1200!?! By my math....that's a lot of money!"

So I contrive the wise scheme to go into work late and just drive downtown and pay my tuition in person. That way I could save some money. Oh yeah get excited.

I arrive at the dungeon entitled sparks hall and proceed to the cashier. We exchanged pleasantries and I calmly handed her my GSU I.D. She then politely asks for the $1200 that I owe for tuition. I give her my credit card.

Puzzled at my piece of plastic, she cooly dismisses my card and retorts that they [GSU] doesn't accept credit cards for tuition. If I wanted to pay with my credit card, I would have to do it online.


awww nuts.



Moral of the story? God has a sense of humor.


fin

No comments: