Thursday, June 21, 2007

Paris, feelings, and that indescribable thing called love



I can't stand her. I couldn't be more convinced that she epitomizes spoiled. When you're notorious for making a sex tape, do you deserve to be famous? That isn't hot.

Yet, shouldn't I care about her?

The perplexing thing about this Christianity faith is that the more I've investigated what it's really about, the more I find out how truly difficult it is to be selfless. It's the perpetual process of shedding the focus off of yourself and instead pouring compassion on others.

This compassion for others is fine when it comes to "regulars." You know who these people are. The frail child in the alley who hasn't eaten in 4 days. The beaten wife who lay crying on the floor after another drunken outrage by "mr. right." The poor homeless person whose smell rivals that of a wet dog. Indeed, these people should very well hear about the wonderful news that they have a Savior who wants to enter a new friendship with them.





But what about Paris?

I don't want anything to do with Paris. She's getting what she deserves right? It's refreshing to see her finally cry after her hand me down wealth exclaims "I didn't have to lift a finger for this!" Her ignorant comments belittle the rest of us who actually have to do work to make ends meet. Quite simply, I have no motivation to be compassionate toward Paris.




But then I realized...

I'm even uglier than Paris.

Yet He still CHOSE to have compassion for me.

No comments: