Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pursuing Radiance

Oh my stars. It couldn't have been more obvious. Yet I missed the point the entire time.

This excruciatingly painful abyss that I thought I was in really isn't a bottomless pit. It's simply the ruins of my former self. That may sound rather mystic so let me explain myself.

God is working in me, Fred Godoy. This project, we'll call it "Extreme Makeover-Fred edition" is currently in progress. In order to make me into the masterpiece that I was originally designed to be, He has had to break down the tarnished, rustic mansion that I was grounding myself in before. God came along, with his wrecking ball of transformation, and has completely shattered everything I thought I could hold on to.

So this is where I currently stand.

I'm crying on top of the ruins of the beautiful dream that once stood so proudly. Renovation is a painful, emotional process. Yet that's the thing...it's merely a process. It's a means and not an end. The Light of hope that shines so radiantly in this situation is that I am given assurance that the end will be worth the grueling process.

So the choice is given to me. Either I trust in God in this situation or I don't trust Him. Choose to chase the small glimmer of light that I see piercing the darkness or dwell in the infinite sorrow of a broken heart.

Restoration here I come.

No comments: