Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dear God,

Wow. What a year thus far huh? I often wonder what it's like for You up there. This american culture officially sets aside one day out of the year to pause and reflect on Your faithfulness to us. It's healthy I suppose, yet I imagine that our culture could be so radically changed if we simply paused and reflected more often. Am I right?

Nonetheless, I'm thankful for so much Lord.

For You honoring my faith and going down to Orlando by myself. Using me to be a light to some of precious people who journeyed through the Walt Disney company along with me. For simply allowing me to be blessed and to be a blessing to others.

For carrying me through school...even up until now. And not allowing me to throw away a rare opportunity (even though I try to waste it away frequently). You are faithful. I am not.

For hearing my prayers time and time again...and responding favorably each and every time.

Specifically thankful for Glorie. How You've used her life to blow my mind away at how truly gigantic You are. Thank You Father for saving my best friend. Even more, thank You for being foundational to her family...as I'm sure they spent many nights sleepless as well. You are faithful.

Thank you again for responding to my cries over Lola. For allowing my memories of her to be saturated with a clear picture of what a child of God looks like. Thank you for her lasting impact on my family.

Thank you for enriching my life with family and friends who truly care about me. As emo as I get, I often believe that no one in the world cared about me save for You and Glorie. Thanks for proving me wrong. You are faithful.


Father, if I may be so bold to ask, instill in me a heart that's grateful. Don't let this prayer be some feel good story for me. Let me live my life loud. Help me be cognisant of the truth that You bless me abundantly. Let me be forever changed as a result.

Please answer this prayer...even if I'm unaware of exactly what I'm asking for. Cause I'm tired of being average.

Thank you again Lord. Thank you for Christ. Thank you Holy Spirit for peace. Thank you Father for your kindness. I am humbled.

Save me from myself. Especially with all the good deals tomorrow. Here I am. Use me.

love,
-him

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is america really setting aside thanksgiving for recognition of God's faithfulness to us or just to have an excuse to becomes gluttons for a day?
a thought

fredsterific said...

Actually, I truly believe that the vast majority of Americans set aside time on thanksgiving to reflect on what they are thankful for. It may not necessarily focus on God's faithfulness per se, but it will more or less reflect it in some way (family, friends, good health, etc.)

The overflow of food is merely a result of tradition.