Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Afternoon Thoughts

I'm a mess.

There's nothing eloquent about it. I'm just plain ugly when you strip it all away. I try really hard to do what I think I should do (but often I do what I don't wish to do).

I wish to walk humbly.
I wish to be a lover of mercy.
I wish to pursue justice.

Yet I fail...miserably.

I'm so fickle. My emotions jump all over the place. I am extremely judgmental. I jump to conclusions far too easily. I am overly critical of other people. I magnify other people's flaws and never consider my own. I always think I'm right. I mask my insecurities. I get irritated too easily. I never allow peace to overcome me. I falsely boast about my Christianity and often times never to live up to it.

I hurt.
I'm desperate.
I'm broken.

Maybe if I didn't live I would stop hurting everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let's talk