Sunday, November 18, 2007

Realizing the Remedy

The day started rocky. Work seemed tedious. The concert couldn't get here soon enough. Yet the thing that really let me know that friday night was going to be a night like no other was the conversation I had...

[random homeless guy]: "Aye shawty! How you get 'cho hair like dat?"
[fredsterific]: "easy...just use gel."
[random homeless guy]: "OH YEAH??!"

*random homeless guy starts walking away*


The concert was great. Crowder expectedly rocked the house. He focued mainly on songs from Remedy (expectedly so considering it was the Remedy tour). The crowd was quite expectant. It was as if everyone in the room came in expecting to meet with a humongous God (including Dave and the band) and God gave them a taste of it. Not to mention the room was packed with a lot of well known people. Louie and Shelly Giglio were there...Kristian Stanfill...and a bunch of people from Northpoint who are amazing leaders. It was cool.

However, I saw something that night that completely blew my mind away. You see, from my vantage point, Louie Giglio was about 4 feet in front of me. So, I inevitably saw him as I looked at the stage.

So, during Crowder's performance of You Never Let Go, Louie started raising his hands in solemn worship. I broadened my focus and realized that...EVERYONE was raising their hands in solemn worship (even many of the band). That's when the thought captured me...

This is what heaven will be like.

Spiritual giants like Louie Giglio and David Crowder realized a long time ago that they are completely hopeless without Jesus Christ. That's why their worship is so screamingly authentic. Despite all the good that they're doing in this world, it's all for not without precious Jesus. What more, every single person in that room realized the very same thing. That's why everyone had their eyes closed and their hand lifted to God.

The song intensified as did the worship.

Joy and Pain
Sun and Rain
You're the same
You never let go


Those lyrics stopped being words and ended up being exlamations to God on Friday night in Atlanta...and I haven't been the same since.

No comments: