Sunday, August 03, 2008

Friday Night Thoughts (2 nights after friday)

I'm in one of those states again.

That curious little place where there's a whirlwind of thoughts swirling inside this small brain and nothing seems to cohere neatly for me. This journal used to provide the solace I needed, but ever since last year I can't really say I feel the same way. I don't feel the freedom anymore that comes with knowing I won't be judged; instead, I must always be careful for what I will say otherwise I'll get lawyers called on me. I suppose the best alternative would be to just do one of my "write whatever comes to mind in no order at all" deals. So...

- I miss her so much. Still. A lot.

- Every woman should know that just as they want to be told they're beautiful, men want to know that they're respected. There is no greater compliment than letting a man know that they are inspirational.

- Transitioning to the "real world" sucks. I wish I could just be a college professor and stay in that environment. All this interviewing has me jaded.

- I can't wait until David Crowder Band's CD comes out.

- Romans 1:12-17

- Psalm 62

- Psalm 63:3

- Galatians 5:6

- I can't believe all those verses came to mind in succession just from thinking of the passage from this morning at church.

- I can't even believe that I know any of the bible at all.

- I can't believe how little time I spend reading the bible. I'm getting back to reading it regularly, but it's kind of a paradox. Every time I pick it up I don't want to put it down; I just never pick it up.

- I finished listening to the latest passion podcast. I'm so proud that I'm filipino.

- I wonder what she's thinking about.

- It bothers me that it doesn't bother them.

- Sadness.

- I'd hate it if anyone else had to experience it.

- It's hard staying focused.

No comments: