Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday Night Thoughts

I can't believe it.

K.P. and Katie are actually getting married. The whole rehearsal tonight seemed kind of surreal. They were always the couple that people made fun of. The ones so overly "lubby-dubby" and who lacked the vernacular to call the other by a name other than "baby." But, alas when I was standing by all of my cousin's side, I watched Katie march jubilantly down the aisle with a smile wider than the moon plastered all over her face.

Obviously the entire experience tonight conjured memories of my Glorie. I remember attending sunday school with Glow in K.P and Katie's class. Then discussing after service how glad we were that we weren't like them. That we didn't want to be all over each other during the church service. How we didn't have to be together literally every second of every minute. How we didn't fight when they did.

I suppose it's only fitting that they're getting married and Glorie and I are on the most precarious of terms.

No comments: