Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lightning Rod?

I had a rather interesting conversation with one of my friends yesterday. In our conversation, we discussed the need for everyone to have their own "lightning rod." What this means is that everyone needs someone that they can confide in and be completely honest with.

The bible would agree with this assertion. From my understanding, the early church in Acts showed examples of what true fellowship is supposed to resemble. Certainly these groups of christians had lightning rods within their respective groups.

I suppose my small group leader back home would be my lightning rod. Phil's a great guy. No matter what I do (or say for that matter), I'm confident that Phil wouldn't view me any less of a person than before. That's something really great to have. I didn't always have that luxury, however. Growing up, I always found myself suppressing most of my emotions simply because I failed to find anyone that I could truly trust. I trust Glorie...but she doesn't always see things from my point of view. Which is why I think it's even greater that I have Phil. For the simple fact that he's a guy, he's able to understand things that, well, only happen to guys. It's profound.

No comments: