Saturday, February 17, 2007

sudden emptiness

It has just occurred to me that there may not be a worse feeling than loneliness. Why do I always find myself alone? No matter how hard I try at it, I can't find a friend.

I try so hard to be that person for everyone else. To let everyone know that if it holds any value whatsoever, I, little old Fred Godoy, cherish each and every person that calls me friend. What I mean to say is that anytime one feels that they ever need me, I am voluntarily sharing myself with them in order to help them with that need--no matter the cost. It can be 3:30 in the morning and they can call me. I will purposely wake myself up because they matter that much to me.
I persistently try to uplift and encourage other because I truly believe that people need to hear that they're important. I believe that people need to feel loved...even if they already know that they are. People need to know that they're thought highly of--especially those who don't think highly of themselves in the first place. This is what I take delight in.

However, this is not to say that I don't need these things as well. I wish someone would desire me. I wish someone would show me that they think highly of me. I feel so ugly all the time.
Don't get me wrong. I find pure joy in the Lord. I constantly read Isaiah 40 for great encouragement. I love the Lord. Yet times come when I just wish someone would say "Fred, I care about you."

Cause often it feels like no one does.

No comments: