Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Morning Thoughts

So I just read on Glorie's blog that she's doing better than ever. For the first time, in a really long time I assume, she has her satisfaction found. Instead of placing her joy on the crumbling foundations that are composed of other people, she has instead chosen to fixate her focus on the One who doesn't crumble. The unfailing, faithful One. I'm happy for her.

It seems as if Alicia is going to extend her program because she is finally going to get to play a character for the Walt Disney Corporation. She will be staying until August while I will leave in May. She seems really happy about it. I'm happy for her. I sure will miss her though...however limited our friendship was.

Megan, the really pretty girl at Speedway, has decided to be nice to me for the past two days. I wonder what she's up to. It's probably some contrived trick aimed at embarassing me. Perhaps it's authentic kindness designed to stimulate what could possibly be a friendship. Who knows. I'll just keep being me and see what happens.

David Crowder Band is recording a new album. From the little snippets that I've heard thus far, I feel that it's going to be incredible. I can't wait for it.

Personally, I feel like I'm slowly changing my perspective of myself. I'm in the process of transforming from my negative view of myself into the positive. I still feel like I'm relatively average at many things...but that doesn't mean that I suck at a lot of things does it? Also, I think I'm finally going to give up chasing after so many things. I'm all in with this Christianity thing. Either Jesus is real, and everything I've been struggling to follow will pay off in the end...or Jesus isn't real, and I'm the biggest pity case that has ever graced this earth. If I want to be a better person it will have to start with Jesus being a bigger person in me. What a journey this will be.

No comments: