Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday morning thoughts

Another day another blessing.

This morning begins with promise. After having my devotional time in the morning, I was startled by a rather strong thud coming from the door. Upon exiting my room I find that the sound that I had previously heard came from the people who were set to inspect our apartment this morning. "Cool" I thought. We passed with flying colors and even got M&M cookies because we are so awesome. Cool indeed.

Yesterday was probably the best day I've had in awhile. I had the faux finance class which isn't necessarily a bad way to start your day, but something about getting up early now troubles me. No worries...after class I took one of my group members home to Chatham. We had a delightful time in the car where many a story were shared and many laughs were the direct result of said stories. I proceeded to Target to buy the very sick Alicia a get well card. The card was nice. The envelope was green. It was a great match.

I arrived at my residence to find my roomate wondering what in the world we would be eating for lunch. I volunteered to make chicken parmigiana (which, mind you, is something I have never made in my life. Oh the delight that soon followed. I had all the ingredients save for bread crumbs to...you know...bread the chicken. So, in homemade old school fashion, we decide to toast bread and make our own bread crumbs. I proceeded to cook the fettucine and prepare the chicken. Then the thought occurred to me, "is cooking meat in low heat really significant when it comes to that extra flavor that is so hottly desired?"
The answer? Yes. Oh yes.

When all was said and done, I ended up having the best lunch ever. Well, thinking about it now, it probably wasn't the best ever...but definitely the best since being down here in Florida. The accomplishment was so impressive that pictures were taken of my masterpiece. The press arrived at our doorstep. Emeril Legasse himself grew envious in his "BAM!" kinda of way. I ended up being recruited to be the next Iron Chef. 'Twas a great lunch. 'Twas.

Work wasn't that special unfortunately. It was a regular day. I did see a celebrity though. Mr. Allan Houston. Talk about a tall man. Fortunately though, work did nothing to bring down my day. The guests were really nice and the day just kind of went by you know?

The best news of all came perhaps at the very end of the night. The Atlanta Falcons, in typical Rich McKay brilliance, pioneered a trade that landed us two 2nd round picks for our backup QB. If that's not sexy I don't know what is. This did not prove to be welcoming news when I rubbed it in my roomates face. His face turned rather displeased within minutes. I laughed harder.

What a day. It ended with a fitting prayer at the end thanking the Lord for everything.

No comments: