Saturday, March 24, 2007

Still thinking too much

I so desire a close friend.

At the same time I feel bad saying this because I feel as if Jesus should be my closest friend. The thing is, I feel like that is such a sunday school answer. I feel like that's the answer that I've merely manufactured; it's not what I truly feel represent my authentic response. I simply wish for someone to be close to.

Someone I can share my life with.
Someone who can see my uglyness...and not think any less of me as a result.
Someone I can have an amazing time with simply hanging out.
Someone who has an extreme contrast with my personality...that way I can learn even more about life.
Someone who is open with me.
Someone who I can be there for when they need me.
Someone who wants to serve Jesus just like I do.
Someone who won't desert me simply because they feel uncomfortable when I expose more of my real side.
Someone who doesn't maintain an image but instead chooses to bare their layers no matter the reprocussion.
Someone who would show me that they care about me.
Someone who will laugh at my jokes no matter how lame they are.

Where are you beloved friend? Why do I always brush fingers with you...only to discover a disenchanted tease? Rescue me from this billowing sadness. You are dearly needed.

No comments: