Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life update

For the 0 of you that read this thing, I apologize for the lack of an update. I don't really have that great of an excuse. I just haven't taken the time to write my thoughts out.

What is there to say really? Life is life. It plays through its ups and downs. I'm on my way back up again.

Oh, lots of other exciting things are happening though.

Callie Ann is experiencing a life emergency right now and it appears as if Sil is experiencing a personal emergency. My take on the respective situations? Anchor yourself to your faith in Him, hold His hand, and withstand the storm with everything you've got. Storms are almost cyclical. While they aren't quite predictable, they are guaranteed to happen. What's important to note is that during storms, much takes place. The relentless barrage of it may seem unbearable at first, but that's where faith is so important. When a storm is most intense, it really does a complete and thorough job testing the foundation of anything in its path. What do you find yourself standing on when everything gets blown away mercilessly? Are you confident enough in it to stake your entire life on it? Such is the first step of faith.

Alas, you find peace even amidst the most violent of storms. This is amplified when you continue to walk with Him throughout the whole process. It's surreal. I can't really explain it that well. Almost mystical...but 100% authentic. It just helps to know that your Father is on your side. Yeah.

In other news, I got a random text message this morning from Praise. She asked me if Indiana was a state. I responded "yes" but remained in a profound state of confusion for the next hour. Oh, and I don't know anymore whether or not they got my surprise gift for Glorie/everyone. Oh snapz. That might be a problem. *sigh*

Also, all of Central Florida has a pretty talented group of young folk. I just finished watching pinktux's youtube vid of their tiniklin performance almost a month ago (tiniklin is a filipino dance that I don't feel like explaining right now). They did a really great job. Like tremendously great. It was amazing. That's three compliments in a row! It must've been something for me to be so generous. It was so good that people in heaven probably started practicing (cause it's going to be a hilarious party once FBCCF shows up and shows everyone how to throw down tiniklin style).

Last, I'm attending group link tomorrow. I'll finally get to meet the poor guys that will share life with me for the next couple of months. Those poor, poor men. It's going to be quite a ride.

Anyway, this posting turned out to be completely random. I think I like it.

No comments: