Monday, August 27, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend

I would say sorry for the lack of updates but then I realized that no one reads this anyway. So what's the point?

Where to start...

- My lola (that's grandmother to all you unfortunate enough to not be of Filipino decent) is feeling rather ill. It's strange to me. She's one of the strongest people that I know and seeing her weak is so out of place. I try to imagine what the pain is like for her, but I can't. I wish I could lend her what little strength that I have.

Cancer is truly a hideous thing. As an observer, all I can write about is the result of the path of destruction that it leaves in its wake. It has chosen to target my dear lola and it appears to be gaining an upper hand. My lola's inability to get up and walk around her house like she normally would be able to is disturbing.

Although I continue to pray for her recovery, I have realized that it's my privilege to enjoy the rest of the time I have been blessed with her. Many feel that she's near the end of her journey. I beg to differ...but if that's truly the case, then I will soak in the moments all the more. It would be my joy to someday tell my kids of the woman Lola was. A contagious, sunlight-beckoning smile...faith equaled only to lolo's...and strength that endured through storm after storm are all hallmarks of the kind of woman Lydia Godoy is.

- Glorie, from what I understand, continues to gain strength everyday. She seems to have retained her talkative nature and apparently talks a storm to everyone that visits her.

A lot of her family has been visiting from all around the US. I can only imagine what joy they must have experienced seeing Glorie display herself so proudly. Last I heard, Glorie seems absolutely driven to show everyone that she's going to be able to walk again soon. Typical Glorie behavior if you ask me; Glow has always been quick to show what Christ has done for her.

Myriam got to see her again. I'm happy for her. I imagine such priceless joy was shared by the both of them. What a moment. Kat Kat and Raychill will be able to see her soon (in two weeks or so?). I'm certain that both of them will take equal delight in seeing Glow again.

It's my desire to see or hear from Glorie in the future too. But for now, even though it sucks tremendously, I must respect the fact that I have no place in the situation. If the opportunity ever reveals itself to me, my only hope is to not cry too bad when I'm able to marinade in that moment.

- School hasn't been too bad. I have good and bad teachers. Fairly typical. Hopefully I meet more people this year and just have more friends. That would be grand.



I guess that's it...for now.

No comments: