Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm thinking Tuesday

Today was kinda weird.

I had a dream that I was talking with one of the people on my mission team. We discussed music and Jesus and then something happened and then there was screaming and suddenly I woke up. Now that I think about it, I guess that was typical of my dreams. Go figure.

I also got into a pretty serious argument with my mom. She seems to be so stressed out lately. I get so frustrated by it because I feel that some of her problems are so avoidable. These opposing philosophies were bound to clash at some point and I suppose today was the day.
Put simply, I ended up being rather vocal about my displeasure in some of her decisions. The problem is, I was vocal to a fault. My tone ended up changing to complete disrespect. I don't need to be talking to ANYONE in that manner. How much more tragic is it that I ended up talking to my own mother that way? It was shameful.
Throughout the day I was bothered by the whole altercation. I prayed immediately after the fact that God would simply reveal truth to me (and to humble me if I needed to). Sure enough I realized just how enormous my idiocy was.
I came to my senses and apologized to her (before the sun came down no less!). In that moment I uncovered something rich.

I am certain that my mom felt the same uneasiness that I felt the entire day. However, no great progress could be made until I humbled myself to the point of apology. Did my mom need for me to say sorry in order to move on from the situation? No. But me doing it was the critical first step to reconciliation...and it made all the difference. I hope to take apply this lesson to all my future conflicts.


To end the day, I received two voicemails. Both contained very kind greetings; they just came a day early. Oh well. I'm not complaining.




Tonight I will pray for my team. Specifically for Christ to really take root in all of our lives. After all, how can we go to another place to share God if we know very little of Him in the first place? We must first be impacted on a personal level before we can be impactful.

No comments: