Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Musings

The weekend was pleasant. I got to celebrate the 50th anniversary of a couple from my old church. I find that absolutely amazing. To spend 50 years with ANYONE is a feat in and of itself. This is especially true in the current society where filing divorce papers seems to be as common as filing taxes.

Naturally I thought back of Glorie. We always talked of our future marriage. It's tragic that they remained mere words.

When it came down to reaffirming the vows, Charles said one of the most genuine things I've ever heard in my life. I'll never forget it:

"Merle, I took you as my wife 50 years ago today. I loved you back then and I still love you now. If I had to do it over again, I'd marry you any day of the week. I love you." *kiss*


What a guy.

To commemorate, they handed out swans at the celebration. I have taken the liberty of capturing a digital image of said swans (these two are of the clear variety) and want to share it here.


Now the scary part...those rings that are on the swans' necks? They fit my hand perfectly.

No comments: