Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday Night Thoughts

Tonight was a typical weird night for me.

I didn't do anything particularly special during the day. Worked and the like. When I got home I practiced the set list I was to play for our bible study. Now that I think of it, I don't really know how I ended up in that little role. I'm not any good. Maybe we just can't find anyone else?

Anywho, the bible study was really great. Half of our group was missing but thankfully Kuya Alain and Ate Nice showed up. What more, God decided to show up BIG tonight. It was great just singing praises to the King and just having intellectually stimulating conversations about Him. It's kind of cool what can happen when you decide to be expectant. Although we were all pretty bummed that we couldn't continue our study for tonight (that's kinda what happens when you are missing 2/3 of your group), it was nonetheless encouraging to rediscover the fact that God is awesome even without a lesson plan.

Some things came up during the night that reminded everyone of Glorie so that was kinda awkward. Everyone did the whole "should we ask or should we not" body language that I've grown rather accustomed to by now. Oh well.

The drive home was tranquil. I reflected on the night and realized that I was the only non married person that went to the study. One thing stuck with me that I couldn't quite understand (cause I didn't have kids). The thought shared was that whenever your kids go through something, as a parent you feel their hurt so much more. Everyone agreed heartily with the assessment. So, driving home, I thought about my parents.

As I was making my letters yesterday, I got a hold of my mom's address book. While perusing for addresses, among the very first pages were some particularly noteworthy names. Tita Edna, Tita Belle, Tita Maricor, and even Raychill's mom were all in the book. I never contemplated just how well my mom got along with all of Glow's family. I got sad pretty quickly. Not only was my mom heartbroken cause I was so devastated, but she probably felt hurt on a personal level just because she considered Tita Maricor one of her better friends. It's tragic.

For so long my mom has tried to resolve this situation all on here own. But she can't. No one can. Yet, this is the first time I've ever wanted to resolve the situation. Not solely for me now though; now I see how it's affecting her as well.

No comments: