Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a weekend

Yesterday and today I had the pleasure of spending time with my Mexico group. Our meetings have been nice thus far, but man was this weekend ever so sweet. We had the pleasure of staying in a cabin over at Lake Lanier. Yesterday and today I was able to be a part of one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced in my life.

The intent of our retreat was to promote unity within our group. Since we are a team, it would be foolish to go down to Merida unless we were, well, a team. As such, we could not fully comprise a true team until we became more familiar with each other. Thus the retreat.

Naturally, part of what we did was share our testimonies with each other. Therein lies the beauty. It was just radically different this time around. Instead of hearing mere words, I was experiencing the replay of life. Tears became standard currency and hearts were in one accord in complete brokenness.

However, the most jubilant part was the fact that every single story ended with redemption. Although our backgrounds were entirely different, the chorus of Jesus rang true every single time a story was told. Tears continued flowing from all of our faces but they flowed from joyful hearts. Smiles lit up the room and laughter warmed it. It was surreal.

On the way home I just dwelled upon our weekend. I've never felt so privileged to be a part of a team so wonderful. What more, I've never been so blown away by God. There's something that's just indescribably curious about the love of God. I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.

It was stellar.

No comments: