Tuesday, November 04, 2008

ok I'll give my two cents

I hope everyone was prepared for this.

It's not like it was going to be a big surprise that Obama would win. I just hope everyone keeps appropriate perspective. That is, realize this: All leadership is a stewardship--and leaders are held accountable. This would've been true even if McCain had won.

Personally, I'm not really sure what to think. I definitely have strong disagreements with Obama on certain key issues, but in the end my principal focus remains not on the president of the United States but rather the Savior of the Universe. And I don't say this in a glib sort of manner. Everyone plays the Christian card. But the truth of the matter is that God would still be doing just fine regardless of whom the winner would have been (and that's what makes or breaks my life).

It is my desire that for the next four years, Barack would place his trust not on the temporary position of power that he will assume, but on the Giver of all. In humility, I pray sincerely that Obama would truly value the importance of wise council (both political and spiritual). I hope that for all the high aspirations of reform that he has built his platform on, he would pause to consider, with every decision, the best question ever: in light of my past experiences, my current circumstance, and my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing to do?

Last, I hope that he stays focused and never loses sight of the fact that regardless of the result of his tenure in office, his worth will never diminish in the eyes of Christ. In other words, I hope he always draws hope from the fact that, although I anticipate him to try his very best while in office, regardless of outcome his standing will not be changed. Secure understanding of this truth is paramount to visioncasting for the next four years.




Oh and stupid Florida.

No comments: