Monday, November 03, 2008

thinking.

It's a weird feeling every monday night.

The Living Room (ministry of my church) is great every monday. I really enjoy the environment they create to make God all the more approachable. I love helping out on the production team. Sure I do something as simple as putting words on the screen or moving some sliders to make pretty colors appear, but it's a job nonetheless. I even love helping clean up afterwards even though that means I effectively spend 4 hours every monday night committed to this thing.

Afterwards I feel incredibly awkward. It's when we finish up and everyone goes on their respective way. I get in my car after I say farewell to everyone and prepare for the 30 minute drive home. I'm pretty accustomed to riding in the car by myself; I mean I've even grown to thoroughly enjoy it some of the time. But it's a different experience each time and tonight was a lonely one.

I started calling a lot of people. After all, I didn't want someone to miss a quality opportunity to talk with fred since I had a long drive home. But person after person didn't pick up. Inevitably I ended up calling Glow. She picked up...only to say she'd call me back later. (She never called back).

Being the last person that I called, I started thinking about Glorie. And, well, all I can say is that I miss her. I spent probably 2/3 of the drive thinking about how we can start rebuilding our friendship. I'm eager to start. I don't really care about the whole drama (well I'm working on it I should say) but more than anything I just want to laugh with her again.

And just see her smile.

No comments: